Integrated Development Environment (IDE), on the other hand, is a program that simplifies the effort required by developers by optimizing the entire development process and help you in writing flawless code. It helps in integrating the software into the system and analyze the working.
8 Best Angular IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
Here we have the list of best Angular IDEs that have to be used and can assist you in developing next-generation mobile and web applications.
The best angular IDE & Tools are:
- Angular IDE
- Visual Studio Code
- Sublime Text
- Aptana Studio
- ALM IDE
1. Angular IDE
Angular IDE is highly used for faster and effective development. It is a stand-alone plugin that can be used with the Eclipse plugin. It is built specifically for Angular, but initially, it was used for tsconfig.json management.
Angular IDE is easy to understand and learn for beginners who want to be Angular experts later.
The benefits of Angular IDE are:
- It offers real-time validation of code, displays errors as you type.
- It features auto-completion of code in the project
- It highly uses coloring and highlights the syntax-aware source
- It features block and full-formatting with advanced settings
- It supports Angular 7, TypeScript 3.0, for additional benefits to existing ones.
The list of benefits of using Webstorm is:
- It offers robust navigation and refactoring.
- It also enables integration with VSC and smart coding assistance.
- It also provides an additional plugin for the ecosystem with complete configuration, local History feature, and more.
- It also supports the latest technologies with debugging, tracing, and testing support.
Microsoft's Visual Studio Code for Windows, OS X, and Linux. It is a source code editor that supports TypeScript, including debugging, intelligent code completion based on variable types, functions, and imported modules. It provides various features, such as snippets and code refactoring. Visual Studio Code offers syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense.
The benefits of using Visual studio code :
- Supports a variety of languages
- In-built Git commands
- Quick Debugging
- Easy to customize
4. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is a refined choice for a text editor for code, markup. It has a sleek and neat user interface laced with extraordinary features with outstanding performance. It is a highly used code editor nowadays. It is also one of the best angular editors.
The list of benefits of using Sublime Text is:
- It provides support for TypeScript code editing, and you need to install Microsoft's TypeScript plugin.
- You can enable Real time code error, which is another new functionality.
- Sublime Text is available for Linux, OS X, and Windows. One license is only required to use Sublime Text on every computer irrespective of the operating system it uses. Sublime Text uses a custom UI toolkit, optimized for speed and beauty while taking advantage of native functionality on each platform.
- It is available for OS X, Windows, and Linux. You can use one license for any operating system. It uses a custom UI toolkit, used for speed and interface while taking advantage of native functionality on each platform.
- It has a custom UT toolkit to offer.
- You can also perform cross-platform editing.
- It also supports TypeScript code editing.
- You can also switch any project instantly.
If you are looking for a perfect blend of visual tools in a code editor, then Brackets is your ideal choice. Brackets is a lightweight yet extremely powerful IDE for developing mobile and web applications using Angular. It supports a variety of languages and OS, such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is highly used for creative developments.
The benefits of using brackets are:
- It has inline editors
- It has preprocessor support
- It provides a live preview
It is developed by GitHub and is people's choice due to its easy to customizable environment ease of installation. You can install the Atom TypeScript package to improve the experience of using TypeScript using Angular apps. You can also use APM CLI as a built-in package installer.
The functionalities are similar to Sublime as it offers automatic code hints, static type checking, code introspection and can use automated build upon to save and name a few. It also contains a convenient built-in tsconfig.json generator. It is a fantastic text editor that's modern, approachable, yet customizable to enable us to use it productively without ever touching a config file. It is also backed by an active community that contributes to new plugins and more. It has a long list of packages, a built-in package manager, an 8by-default syntax theme, and a built-in package manager.
Benefits of Atom Editor are:
- Quick and easy auto-completion
- Enables Cross-platform editing
- Provides easy browsing with multiple panes
- Supports File system browser
- Has Built-in package manager
Benefits of Aptana Studio are:
- It supports other Testing tools
- It has the Deployment wizard
- It can be quickly and thoroughly customized
- In-built terminal
8. ALM IDE
ALM IDE is a cloud-based ide available for TypeScript. It enables you to code quickly in TypeScript projects. You can easily install it with just a single npm command. It is easy to use, and it removes all the barriers to use TypeScript. You can even develop TypeScript projects on Raspberry π.
The benefits of using ALM are:
- It makes it easy to use TypeScript
- Made for TypeScript
I hope this curated list of Angular IDEs is helpful for you, and now you can easily use them to create the best applications that are high-performing. These Best IDE for Angular lists are the best in the industry and empowers you to create applications that offer an enriching experience to end-users.
Do you have any more AngularJS IDEs to share? Comment below and let us know.
Wanna learn Angular? Angular - The Complete Guide is a great course by udemy that can ease your learning-Angular journey.
People are also reading:
- Angular Interview Questions and Answers
- Difference between Angular vs React
- Best Angular Alternatives
- Difference between Node JS vs Angular
- Jquery Interview Questions and Answers
- React Interview Questions and Answers