Submissions & Approvals
Are there any submission guidelines I should know about?
There's just one simple guideline - Your submission should educate the learners about the basics or advanced concepts of a particular topic holistically, not just a part of it. Think of it this way - would this resource be a good starting point if you are setting out to learn a programming language or design tool/thinking from scratch?
So, the following are good examples:
- Basics of Python
- From beginner to advanced in Photoshop
The following are bad examples:
- Building a simple login/logout system in PHP
- How to use Twitter OAuth
- How to use the 3d effect in Adobe Illustrator
Submitted tutorials are evaluated by the community moderators. A tutorial is approved only when > 66% of the moderators approve of the course, else it will be auto-rejected.
It typically takes anywhere from 1-3 days to vet the submitted tutorial. You will be informed of both approval or rejection via email notification.
In rare cases, when community moderators could not reach a consensus about the quality of submitted tutorial, it might be kept in a queue and would be revalidated after a few weeks. It will happen when your tutorial is recently launched, and no course/tutorial preview is available without signing up or paying.
Reputation and Badges
Q: How are reputation points getting awarded?
A: Events for which reputation points are given:
- On Joining Hackr.io: 10 points.
- Every upvote on your submitted tutorial: 10 points.
- Every upvote on your comment: 2 points.
- On approval of your one liner review: 10 points.
- Every upvote on your one liner review: 5 points.
Note: If your submitted tutorial is archived due to any reason (outdated in future, broken link, etc.), it will not affect your reputation points.
Q:What are the different badges and how are they awarded?
A: A Bronze badge is awarded:
- When your submitted tutorial gets 10th upvote
- When one of your comments gets an upvote score of 10
- When your 3rd submitted tutorial is approved on Hackr.io
- When your one liner review gets 10th upvote
A Silver badge is awarded:
- When a tutorial you are associated with gets 25th upvote
- When one of your comments gets an upvote score of 25
- When your 10th submitted tutorial is approved on Hackr.io
- When your one liner review gets 25th upvote
A Gold badge is awarded:
- When a tutorial you are associated with gets 100th upvote
- When one of your comments gets an upvote score of 100
- When your 25th submitted tutorial is approved on Hackr.io
- When your one liner review gets 100th upvote
Do you use affiliate links to the courses?
Yeah, for a few courses we do have affiliate links. Affiliate links don't impact our tutorials ranking algorithm anyhow.
My query has not been answered here. What should I do?
No problem, just shoot us an email on email@example.com. We personally read and respond to each and every email we get.