Submissions & Approvals
Are there any submission guidelines I should know about?
There's just one simple guideline - Your submission should educate the viewer about the basics (or advanced concepts) of a particular language holistically, not just a part of it. Think of it this way - Would this resource be a good starting point if you are setting out to learn that programming tool/thinking from scratch?
So, the following are good examples:
- Basics of Python
The following are bad examples:
- Building a simple login/logout system in PHP
- How to use Twitter OAuth
Reputation and Badges
Q: How are reputation points getting awarded?
A: Events for which reputation points are given:
- On Joining Hackr.io: 10 points.
- Every upvote on your submitted tutorial: 10 points.
- Every upvote on your comment: 2 points.
- On approval of your one liner review: 10 points.
- Every upvote on your one liner review: 5 points.
Note: If your submitted tutorial is archived due to any reason (outdated in future, broken link, etc.), it will not affect your reputation points.
Q:What are the different badges and how are they awarded?
A: A Bronze badge is awarded:
- When your submitted tutorial gets 10th upvote
- When one of your comments gets an upvote score of 10
- When your 3rd submitted tutorial is approved on Hackr.io
- When your one liner review gets 10th upvote
A Silver badge is awarded:
- When a tutorial you are associated with gets 25th upvote
- When one of your comments gets an upvote score of 25
- When your 10th submitted tutorial is approved on Hackr.io
- When your one liner review gets 25th upvote
A Gold badge is awarded:
- When a tutorial you are associated with gets 100th upvote
- When one of your comments gets an upvote score of 100
- When your 25th submitted tutorial is approved on Hackr.io
- When your one liner review gets 100th upvote
I want to submit a link, but I cannot find any relevant category. Should I still submit it?
Yes, you should. If your course/tutorial is approved, we'll create a new category especially for your submission and mail you a link as well.
I submitted a link but never heard from you again. What happened?
It typically takes anywhere between 1-3 days from the time you submit a link for our internal team to review it and approve it. If your link is approved, it would be visible on the relevant category page as well as on your own code profile and you would get an email confirmation from us. In all other cases, we don't send out any notifications for now. We admit that it's bad and non-transparent, so we're working on a way to fix this.
Do you use affiliate links to the courses?
Yeah, for a few courses we do have affiliate links. Affiliate links don't impact our tutorials ranking algorithm anyhow.
My query has not been answered here. What should I do?
No problem, just shoot us an email on email@example.com. We personally read and respond to each and every email we get.