Data Scientist Skills
What is Data Science?
Our world is full of data; nowadays, all information and processes depend upon the data sets, whether it is raw, structure, unstructured, or organized data. Therefore, it is essential to manage data to extract the information out of it, hence in simple words, data science is a process to analyze the for making decisions for the future. The best example of data science is a search engine like Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing, AOL, etc. These search engines utilize the data science algorithms to provide the best results for the searched query by us. Apart from it, google processes more than 20 petabytes of the information daily, hence there is no google possible with data science.
Data science is a thing that consists of programming skills, statistical redlines, visualization techniques, and business sense. Hence it is a dynamic model which is used to analyze and provide decision and predictions, so data science process includes:
- Predictive causal analytics
- Prescriptive analytics
- Machine learning for predictions
- Machine learning for the discovery of patterns
Benefits of Data Science
- Data science is the most demanded technology in the current time because it can quickly provide relevant information in various types like statistical information, visual information, and probable information.
- The data science processes are versatile, which means there are thousands of ways available for the individuals to work on the data.
- It is a highly paid career option at present.
- It provides convenience to the users and helps them to reach their desired needs on the online platform.
Required Data Skills for Data Scientist
The following seven data skills are required to be a good data scientist and get hired quickly. Therefore, you must have to adapt these skills, these skills are:
1. Database knowledge
This skill is essential because it is required to store and analyze data. It is essential to learn about databases because it consists of a systematic collection of data and makes the management of data accessible. There is a countless number of uses of the database, so database knowledge is required, and the following are database software:
- MS SQL server
This particular skill set is required to develop and study methods for collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and presenting empirical data. For data science, mathematical analysis, probability, and statistics are required. Data statistics play a huge role for a data analyst to find loopholes in the data and provide a likelihood for the future.
For better analytics, you need to learn about the programming language because every company wants an employee with a good understanding of statistical programming knowledge. The following are essential to perform analytics in data:
- Python: it is an open-source programming language for general purpose.
- SAS: this software is used to manage, retrieve and alter the data through various software
- R: It is a software that is used for statistical graphics and graphics, also supports machine learning and AI for data analytics.
4. Data wrangling
Learning to wrangle the data is vital for the employee of data science because it works to organize the messy data. Data wrangling involves cleaning of data, manipulating the data, and organizing data. Every company needs its raw data to manage and organize them efficiently. The following are the steps for data wrangling:
5. Machine learning
This technique of data science is a numerous developing aspect of data science because machine learning provides a system that automatically learns and improves from the previous data/ experiences. Machine learning can be done through different types of algorithms, like:
- Naive Bayes
- K means Clustering
- Decision tree.
6. Big data
It is a set of a small amount of data that is more complex and cannot be dealt with the traditional data processing software. Every company requires big data so that it can store extensive data in the form of big data. There are a few software which is used to manage big data, and they are:
7. Data Visualization
Developing the ability to visualize results is an integral part of data science, so data visualization is an essential skill that demands by any company. Data visualization consists of various datasets and analyzing models to visualize them as a diagram, graphs, and charts. There is various software available for data visualization, and some of them are:
- Google Data Studio
- Power BI
Various Jobs in Data Science:
- Data scientist: A data scientist creates the data to extract the information to improve and optimize the product in the business. They use predictive analytics to improve user experiences, revenue, and ad targeting.
- Data engineer: Data engineer assembles extensive complex data and identifies, designs internal process improvements. A data engineer also uses data analytics tools to utilize data pipelines.
- Data architect: He/she develops database solutions and installs or configures the information system. A data architect also migrate the data from the traditional system to new systems
- Data analyst: A data analyst analyzes the results by using statistical techniques and provides different strategies, also develops the data collection system.
- Business analyst: A business analyst assists the business through planning and monitoring and also creates actionable, repeatable, and informative reports for the business.
Data science is becoming an essential part of the current technology era, and it will remain the same in the future too. It is good to go in the data science jobs, but you have to be sure about the skills that you need to become successful in data science. There are a massive number of jobs available that require various skills and knowledge of the software.
We cannot move our technology further without having data science because this technology has so much potential that it can create thousands of ways for us.
Do you use or find any other data science skills useful? Share with us!
People are also reading:
- What is Data Analysis?
- Difference between Data Science vs Data Analytics
- Get the Difference between Data Analyst vs Data Scientist
- 10 Best Data Science Books
- Best Data Analytics Courses
- Data Science Degree
- Data Science Certification
- What is Data Analysis?
- Difference between Data Science vs Machine Learning