Disclosure: Hackr.io is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Best Blockchain Certifications For Professionals in 2022
Blockchain technology is a new-age digital ledger that has made financial transactions faster and safer. This technology is here to stay. So, if you’re still a rookie in this field, it is time that you start learning more. You might be confused about which courses to try for blockchain technology, and we suggest always starting from the basics. If you’re willing to learn from scratch, nothing like going for a certified blockchain course.
Most of the certified courses are planned professionally, and they cover all the necessary aspects that you need to know. There are both free and paid courses, and it’s up to you which one you want to pursue. Once you complete these courses, they can not only enhance your knowledge but also strengthen your resume. Here’s our list of best blockchain technology certification courses. You can go for all the courses or can select one as per your requirements.
Best Blockchain Certifications and Courses
The very first course we recommend is from Udemy, and George Levy has created it. This course teaches you the basics of blockchain technology and bitcoin. This course is available in 6 languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Portuguese.
The duration of this short course is only 3 hours. There are five resources that you can download apart from watching the video. If you hold an account in Udemy, you can easily access this course via mobile and laptop. You’ll get the certification on completion of this course.
The best thing about this course is that you need to satisfy no requirements or criteria to opt for this course. Anybody who is interested in business technologies and fin-tech can pursue this particular course. This course has been segregated into four categories, and there are a total of 37 lectures in total. Once you complete this course, you’ll be able to answer the following questions:
- What is blockchain technology?
- What are cryptocurrencies?
- What is Bitcoin?
- What are digital coins and assets?
- Are blockchain and bitcoin-related? How?
- What are the prospects of blockchain technology?
- Which common misconceptions of blockchain technology must be removed?
This course comes with advanced infographics that help you understand things better. You can be a student, a business professional, or any fin-tech enthusiast, and this course will be perfect for each one of you.
The second course on our list belongs to The Blockchain Council. This blockchain certification course is a great choice for those professionals who want to build profound knowledge of blockchain technology.
It is an eight-hour-long training program involving lectures and exams. Professionals who are willing to adopt some practical knowledge of blockchain technology must opt for this course. By pursuing this course, you can add a unique skill to your resume and make your profile more engrossing to the recruiters.
Once you pursue this course, you can answer the following questions:
- What is blockchain technology, and how is it different from traditional technologies?
- What are the differences between private and public blockchains?
- What is Multichain, and how is it different from Bitcoin?
- What is Ethereum, and how does it work?
- What is Hyperledger?
- What is Hyperledger Fabric Architecture?
- What is Stellar, and how is it relevant to blockchain?
- What is Corda, and what is the data structure of Corda?
Once you complete the coursework, you have to sit for an exam of 100 marks. To pass this exam, scoring 60+ is mandatory. If you score below, you have to retake the exam after one day. Though you can have lifetime access to the course, the maximum number of retakes is 3.
This course can help you with diverse benefits. This course is apt for you if you’re planning to set up a blockchain business or looking for jobs like back-end developer, front-end developer, database administrator, etc.
The third course on our list is from Udemy, and David Joseph Katz creates it. With a rating of 4.5, this course can be a great choice if you want to learn the rudiments of blockchain and cryptocurrency. This course's duration is 6.5 hours, and you need to attend a total of 71 lectures one by one. There are 54 downloadable resources, and you can get the certification upon completion of the course.
This course can help you to answer the below questions:
- How to build a blockchain network in programming style?
- What are the Unite Test components of blockchain?
- How to create an API around the blockchain?
- How to create a real-time peer-to-peer blockchain server?
This course is an absolute fit for blockchain engineers having ideas and skills in Node.js. Each lecture has written summaries, so you won’t have to worry about things becoming very complex.
The fourth course on our list is from the Stanford School of Engineering, and it is an online certification course with the code CS251. Stanford is a reputed institution, and this course is worth a try. The scope of blockchain technology is vast, and this technology will rule the global fintech industry pretty soon.
So, it is time you pursue this blockchain certification course and become a pro. By taking up this course, you can learn more about secured software programs, cryptocurrencies, etc. Some of the major contents of this course are Altcoin, Bitcoin, Hash functions, Zerocoin and Zerocash, etc.
However, this course is subject to availability, and you may not start pursuing this course readily. It takes place in particular sessions.
If you’re a regular on LinkedIn, it’s suggested that you give this certification course a try. The course instructor Jonathan Reichental is a public speaker and lecturer at the University of California. The duration of the course is 1 hour.
You can access this course from your phone, tablet, or laptop. There are four chapters in this course, and after completion of each chapter, there will be 1 quiz. On completion of the entire course and quizzes, you’ll be certified.
Here are the essential aspects that this course will cover:
- Why do websites add Captcha?
- What are the core benefits of a traditional database?
- How does the Bitcoin transaction take place?
- Why is Blockchain technology beyond cryptocurrency?
- How can one reduce the risks of blockchain innovation?
On completion of this course, you can get two types of certifications. The first one is the LinkedIn course completion certificate. The second certification you can receive is from the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). To get the NASBA certification, you’ve to score a minimum of 70% in the exam.
The sixth course on our list belongs to Udacity. This course will train you to become a blockchain developer. As blockchain technology is slowly gaining recognition, the percentage of blockchain developers is much lower. Evidently, blockchain developers are in high demand.
By pursuing this course, you can become an ace blockchain developer and learn all the practical skills in blockchain technology. This course can give a new dimension to your career. The duration of this course is 4 months. As soon as you enroll in this course, you’ll get access to the classroom, and you can finish the course at your convenience.
The topics that will be covered with this course are as follows:
- Fundamentals of blockchain model using Node.js and Leveidb
- Detailed knowledge of Ethereum smart contracts
- The essential components of a blockchain architecture
- Learning from real-life blockchain projects
If you’re an aspiring blockchain developer or engineer, this course is ideal for sharpening your skills and starting your career with a blockchain-based startup. The best thing about this program is that any applicant can enroll in this course, and background and prior experiences don’t matter.
The gap between the supply and demand of a blockchain professional is massive. The faster you start learning about this technology, the better your chances of getting a great job in this domain. IIB Council powers this course, and it has been claimed as the most advanced blockchain training program coming from IIB.
This course has been segregated into four stages, and here’s what you’re going to learn on pursuing this course:
- Fundamentals of blockchain technology
- Different cryptocurrencies
- All details of Bitcoin
- Concept of Blockchain mining
- The concept of sustainable blockchain
- The idea of open-source blockchain networks
This course is from Coursera, and it is one of the most popular blockchain certification courses having a rating of 4.6. Bina Ramamurthy is the course instructor, and upon completion of this course, you will receive a shareable certificate.
The list of areas this course will cover is mentioned below:
- Understanding the concept of smart contracts
- Knowing about computational blockchain models, automation, transparency, and scalability
- Process of designing a smart contract
- Gaining a working knowledge of blockchain technology
- Knowledge of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies
There’s a practical project that you need to finish along with your coursework to receive the certification. The certificate is shareable, and you can share it with your prospective employers and use it on your portfolio.
The ninth course on our list is from Coursera again. This course has been designed by two instructors named Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott. Over 4000 people have already enrolled for this course, and it has a rating of 4.6.
Here are the questions that you can answer once you complete this course:
- What are the design principles for the blockchain revolution?
- What are the meanings of blockchain terms like Hash, Nonce, Miner?
- What are the challenges of adopting blockchain technology?
- What are the examples of applying blockchain technology in real-life financial cases?
There are lecture videos, quizzes, and assignments, along with this course. On completion, you’ll get a shareable certificate.
We’re concluding our list with this course powered by the University of California. It is a self-paced course, and it’s up to you what speed you want to run at. Typically, one can take up to 3 months to complete this coursework.
This course is categorized into two segments, and it can help you with blockchain technology and Bitcoin. To describe more specifically, here are the areas that this program will cover:
- Blockchain solutions
- In-depth understanding of Bitcoin
- Practical applications of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dapps
- Understanding of Cryptocurrency regulations
You’ll get a certificate backed by the University upon completing this course. This course also teaches you the fundamentals of blockchain technology, and individuals of any background can opt for this course.
Blockchain technology will go a long way. This technology has made it possible for companies to perform business transactions securely and transparently. Startups are also keen on this technology because of its inexpensive nature. As per our understanding, most business sectors will switch to this technology for efficiency and the scope of innovation associated with this technology.
Therefore, the demand for blockchain developers will increase indeed. So, it is the best time for all blockchain enthusiasts to take up blockchain courses. Hackr.io has made a composite list of all courses that can help you learn the basics of blockchain on your own.
Which certifications do you find beneficial for yourself? Let us know in the comments below.
People are also reading:
- What is Blockchain Programming?
- Uses and Applications of Blockchain
- Blockchain Courses
- Applications of Blockchain Programming
- How to Become a Blockchain Developer?
- Top Cryptocurrency Tutorials
- Best Ethical Hacking Course
- Best Cyber Security Certifications
- Security Testing Tools
- Cyber Security and New Technologies