Добро пожаловать обратно
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
DevOps is a collaboration of development and operation. It is a combination of process, people and product that allows you to deliver the product continuously to the end users. DevOps fastens up the delivery process of applications which enables the company to adopt the market easily and quickly. Also, it reduces the risk by getting feedback from the customers at the early stages.
DevOps works in a way to automate a number of tasks. Its software life cycle has five different phases-
- Continuous Development
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Monitoring
- Continuous Integration
Different tools are used at different stages to ensure the faster delivery of the software.
Yes, it is easy to learn DevOps. Anyone with the sound knowledge of development and IT operations can easily handle the tasks and responsibilities under DevOps. You should have a basic idea of code repositories, different environment configurations and required containers you can easily go along using DevOps. DevOps require you to automate tasks with some configurations for the environment. Once you are able to follow the life cycle of DevOps you can start implementing it without any difficulty.
Yes, if you are pursuing the DevOps then you should be having coding knowledge. You have to understand how developers develop and design the code. This allows you to create a software pipeline to automate the scripts. In order to understand the challenges faced by developers, you will be able to read and understand the code which will allow you to change the code if required. DevOps is about automating tasks then shell scripting and Python will be required.
If you are a beginner and want to learn DevOps then there is a list of prerequisites for learning-
- You should know some scripting language like Python or shell scripting
- Sound knowledge of Linux
- Cloud computing basics
The scope of DevOps is increasing and many online classes, tutorials are available to provide basic understanding of DevOps like Hackr.io, Edureka, Udacity, Codementor and many other sites.
AWS provides a set of services that allows companies to develop and deliver the products using AWS along with DevOps practices. These services allow you to simplify the infrastructure management, code deployment, automating software process, process monitoring and performance. AWS DevOps provides faster speed, completely managed services, scalability, large ecosystem, secure services, easy automation and pay for use services. It enables you to manage complex tasks to scale and control high-speed delivery.
Learning DevOps will depend on what prior knowledge you have about coding and the tools required. If you know the basics of the software, coding Linux and automation process then you will learn the DevOps basics and its required tools within a span of a month.
If you do not know the automation languages and platform then it may take 2-3 months to learn Linux and the automation process.
If you know the computer basics but no coding experience then it may take 4-5 months.
Though learning is a never-ending process, the more you get into DevOps you will get something new to learn.
Below is the roadmap that you can follow to get ready for DevOps-
- First, learn about DevOps, what it is and how it works.
- Learn a programming language that will help you to develop application like- Python, Nodejs as per your choice.
- Then learn to manage servers, how servers work. For starters, you can choose Ubuntu, Linux, Amazon Lightsail.
- Gain knowledge about networking and security basics. Learn how HTTP, DNS, FTP and other protocols work.
- In order to automate your code or script, learn any scripting language.
- Learn to configure Middleware like Apache, Nginx for DevOps.
- Basic understanding of deploying software
- Learn GIT basics
- You should learn to create software
- Learn Configuration Management using tools like- Saltstack, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Learn to work with containers and orchestration
Basic prerequisites of DevOps-
- Understanding containers working and usage
- Learn to work with DevOps tools and technologies like-
- Configuration tools- Ansible, Puppet
- CI/CD- Jenkins
- Container- Vagrant, Kubernetes and Docker
- Logging and monitoring- Zabbix, Splunk, ELK
- Scripting languages like- Perl, Java, Python
- Automation tools like- TeamCity, Docker, Bamboo, Pupper etc
- Testing knowledge
- Basic networking fundamentals
- Basic computer science knowledge